I made this on Christmas day, and it was a huge hit! I originally bought ice cream to go with it, but this cake is so good by itself, you don't even need ice cream. I can't wait to make it again!
* 1 pkg (18.25-oz) yellow cake mix
* 1 pkg (3.5-oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 4 eggs
* 1 T pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Vanilla Butter Glaze:
* 3 T butter, melted
* 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 3 T water
* 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Beat all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in large bowl with mixer on low just to moisten. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in chips. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.
3. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely. Drizzle with Vanilla Butter Glaze or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Vanilla Butter Glaze:
1. Mix ingredients together until smooth. Let stand 3 minutes or until thickened.
Another recipe from Candace Anderson's The Everything Freezer Meals Cookbook. Evan, our picky eater, even loved this! And of course, anything with tater tots in it is a huge hit with Nate! Love that it can go from the freezer into the oven without thawing!
* 1.5 lbs lean ground beef (we used 2lbs)
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 1 (16-oz) can whole kernel corn
* 1 (15-oz) can chili with beans (we used turkey chili w/beans)
* 1 pkg chili seasoning mix
* 1 (2lb) bag frozen Tater Tots
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (we used reduced-fat)
DIRECTIONS: Freezing Day--In skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Stir in corn, chili, and chili seasoning mix. Prepare a 9"x13" casserole pan/aluminum pan for freezing. Lay the Tater Tots along the bottom of Pam-sprayed pan. Top them with meat mixture, and top that with shredded cheese. Wrap tightly and freeze. (If preparing for same day, bake at 350 degrees for 45-55min (I covered it with foil for most of baking).
Reheating Instructions--Frozen casserole can go straight into the oven. Cook @350 degrees for 1hr 30min to 1hr 45min, or until it is heated all the way through.
This was my contribution to January's freezer cooking session. Super easy to make, and love that it's a "dump" meal, meaning that you dump all ingredients in a bag, freeze, thaw, and into the crock pot it goes! This recipe came from the Don't Panic---Dinner's in the Freezer cookbook (by: Martinez, Howell, and Garcia).
*1/2 cup white wine
*1 can cream of mushroom soup, 10oz (used reduced-fat)
*1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
*1/4 cup flour
*1 cup sour cream (used reduced-fat)
*6 boned chicken breasts (used 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts) Serving Day:
*Salt, pepper, and paprika
1.) Mix wine, soup, and mushrooms together. In a separate bowl, stir flour and sour cream together, then add to soup mixture. Place mixture together with chicken in freezer bag, mix together. Freeze, using freezer bag method.
2) Serving Day: Thaw overnight in fridge. Place mixture from bag into crock pot. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika over top. Cover, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with pasta or potatoes.
I wish I had a picture to post, but this stuff didn't last long in our house! It was amazing! I could've eaten the whole dish myself...hehehe. It goes great with pita chips, veggies, and tortilla chip scoops. I found this on Annie's Eats. She is my hero.
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened (used reduced-fat)
1 cup mayonnaise (used light)
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapeño peppers, drained
½ cup shredded Mexican style cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚ F. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, jalapeños, and shredded cheeses. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula until smooth and evenly combined. Spread the mixture into a greased (I used Pam cooking spray) baking dish (approximately 9 x 9-inches, I used 8x8).
2. In a second bowl, combine the Panko and Parmesan and stir with a fork until combined. Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture in the baking dish. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is golden.
Chocolate lovers, come on in!!! These are so good! I'm trying so hard not to eat them all! I found this recipe in our family cookbook, and my cousin shared this recipe. Don't know why I haven't tried these before!
* 1 bag of large marshmallows
* 1 3/4 cups flour
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (Hershey's)
* 1/2 cup oleo (used unsalted butter)
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 cups confectioner's surgar
* 5 T unsweetened cocoa
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 3 T soft oleo (butter)
* 4-5 T milk
1. Sift together the following: flour, salt, baking powder, and unsweetened cocoa.
2. Cream together: butter, sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients.
4. Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, and press 1/2 large marshmallow, cut side down, on top of each cookie. Bake 2 more minutes. Cool, cover with frosting.
1. Stir ingredients together until smooth, beat. Frost cookie to hide marshmallows.